Monday, June 29, 2015

Venezuelan Wedding's Tradition

I'm gonna be very honest, I'm not that kind of people that always think in married and all of that, so I don't know a lot about this topic, but I will try my best. In Venezuela, we have like a stereotype of wedding, first is the ceremony in the Church and after that is the reception. The wedding depends on the family who is married because if it is a family with a lot of money, there can be a big wedding and a big reception. I'm just 21 years old, I have been in like 5 weddings, basically  first is the legal married, usually it's something small just family and a few friends, the next day it's the wedding and the reception party, the bride use a white dress and the groom a suitcase, they have a bridesmaids and usually the youngest baby of the family wear the rings of the bride and groom for exchange the rings, the bride father's go to the church with his daughter and give to the groom, at the end of the ceremony the people throw rice to the newlyweds and they go together to the reception in a car that say "Just Marriage", and all people go to the reception. When the newlyweds are at the reception, they dance their first dance as newlyweds and after that there are cheers for the newlyweds. , that part is like a serious part because after that it's when really begin the party, usually the weddings end really late, can finish the next day, the last thing that the newlyweds do is: the bride throw the bouquet and the groom throw the garter belt, the bouquet just can catch the single women and the garter belt just the single men. I think all the wedding in Venezuela have the same things, maybe change the order of the each event, like throw the bouquet in the church instead of reception, but all the weddings have the same tradition and I've never seen a change in a Venezuelan Wedding. 
















2 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty much like what we do in Canada. I've heard weddings are getting very expensive ($30,000 on average), so I know a lot of people prefer smaller weddings these days.

    Corrections:
    The wedding depends on the family who is married because if it is a family with a lot of money, there can be a big wedding and a big reception.

    When the newlyweds are at the reception, they dance their first dance as newlyweds and after that there are cheers for the newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very excellent introuduction about Venezuela wedding. I have learned some new words from this aritcle. I wish that you will be a bride in recent years.

    ReplyDelete